Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Come Back Twenties!

Dear Twenty-something self,

Please come back. You were so easy on me. 
Love,
Your 30 year old self

Two weeks ago today, I went into the hospital with severe abdominal pain and constant vomiting, which equalled being majorly dehydrated. Fun stuff, right? I was admitted on a Wednesday night and had several lab tests and an ultrasound done. The ultrasound came back that I have/had a bum gallbladder. I met with the surgeon the next day and he decided that it needed to come out. Being a person who has been fortunate to never have had surgery-I was anxious to feel better, but nervous about the surgery, even though it was laparoscopic . The hardest part of the surgery itself was knowing that I wouldn't be able to pick up my babies for two weeks, but the thought that it was going to make me feel all better made me anxious to get it done. Preparing for the surgery I got to wear the sexiest paper gown and surgery cap--lol! I had the surgery Thursday afternoon and by Friday night, I was on my way home to my kiddos.

What I am really struggling with right now is that I don't feel much better, at all and I haven't had a real meal in more than two weeks and have lost a lot of weigh. It's not a bad thing if you are working hard to do it-but if it is because you have no appetite or because everything you do eat goes through you pretty quickly, then it's awful. I want to feel better. I want to be energetic again. I still have a lot of pain/discomfort in my abdomen and I want it to go away and I want to have the desire to eat! Any food that I taste makes me feel sick-it really doesn't matter what it is. Tomorrow I am going for an ultrasound and some more lab work to see what else it could be.  Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment