Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Letter to my Sugar



To my beautiful daughter. I love you more than words can begin to express. How is it that we have already arrived at six months into your infancy? The expression that "time flies when you are having fun," is so relevant. Watching you grow every day is a gift from God. To see you observe everything that you see with no judgment, with such a pure mind and a pure heart-you are a gift from God and are such a blessing to your Daddy, brother and I. You are our Sugar Cone and are as sweet as sugar. You love to snuggle and be held and we absolutely love to hold you. You are ALL smiles, all of the time and have never met a stranger. You roll from your back to your tummy-but not so much the other direction and you are trying really hard to sit independently. Your big brother loves to give you bottles and to play with you. We know that you are going to be a tough little girl, because we see you handle your brother's rough-housing. Your brother is constantly saying "I hug her," "I kiss her" and we know that you are his world. We can't wait to see what the next few months have in store for you two! You are definitely all girl, as your brother is all boy and I am having so much fun dressing you up-but also letting you have your days where you get to wear your sweats and overall outfits. This poem by E.E. Cummings sums up my love for you and I hope that you will always treasure it, as I do. You are the light of my life and I love you. 

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you


here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart


i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)



I love you my precious darling, my heart, always and forever.

All of my love,

Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment