Monday, April 16, 2012

The Calm (Before the storm)! :)

It's always nice having weekends without plans, and this weekend was one of those! Aubrey turned eight months old on Friday and girlfriend is getting big and has quite a sassy personality! She has started making this grunting-moaning sound when she is not pleased with the outcome of something and is our little roll-y poly-rolling EVERYWHERE!  We have to be very careful about Brady's toys when they are out, because she will put them in her mouth and she's gagged a few times on the little toys!

Chris was home from Wednesday through Friday with Roto-Rooter virus, and I am so glad that he is better! On Saturday, we decided to go check out the J's other location-which was awesome! They have an indoor mini-waterpark for kids and our brave little man went up the stairs for the water slide and slid down at least five times. After spending a little time in the pool (and I do mean a little time-because it was lightning and thundering outside, they made us get out!), we went to a local deli and then home for nap time.
Saturday night, Chris went and picked up Chevy's for dinner and that was pretty much it. On Sunday morning, we got up and went to church. The sermon was all about "Momentum" and not dwelling on the past-which made me think about all of the times I have dwelled on the past and how God helps us move on in our lives. It was a sermon, that I feel everyone would be able to relate to and learn from and apply to their lives. Steak & Shake (my tummy is still recovering), Wal-Mart and Nordstrom followed and then lots of playing at home!!

So this weekend was definitely the calm before the exciting storm begins!

I feel like we have something going on almost every weekend for the next month and a half-which is another reason why it was nice that we had a weekend off! We are entering a wonderful and exciting time for Nathan and Meg! They are getting married June 9th! This weekend I have a bridal shower that my aunts are having for Meg, that I am so excited to go to--since I wasn't able to attend the one that I helped host due to my sphincterotomy and hospital stay.  Next weekend, Chris and I take off to Chicago for a long weekend retreat away from the kiddos, which I think will be very fun. :) The following weekend is Chris's 33rd birthday weekend and also Meg's St. Louis bachelorette party! The remainder of May will take care of itself with helping my Mom and Dad get ready for the rehearsal dinner, helping Meg with last minute wedding details, Aubrey's smiles and giggles and Brady's final month of school before the fall! This year is flying and it is hard to believe that after a year and a half engagement, that the wedding is almost here! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment