Thursday, April 5, 2012

Here's what's HOP-pening!

HAPPY APRIL, FRIENDS!


Lots of things happening at the Cone house this month! I think the moments of pure sanity are after 11 p.m., when we are all asleep!


Last Saturday we had some wonderful friends over and their kiddos, as my great friend Kayla mentioned the adults were almost out numbered by the kids! It was great seeing everyone and watching the kids play together. They are getting to an age where they can really socialize and play with one another. Sunday morning we got up early and went to church for Palm Sunday! I think Chris and I have found a church that we love for ourselves and for our children, and it just so happens to be where Brady is going to school in the Fall. Brady was a little clingy when we dropped him off at Sunday School, but luckily I had one of his cars in the diaper bag to distract him! It's always nice to go to church when you feel that you can really relate to what they are talking about--which Palm Sunday's sermon was so applicable to the craziness of life lately.
What's going on with Aubrey?

Aubrey is on the go..go..go! She is rolling everywhere and if she takes after her mama, she may go from rolling to cruising to walking (I was such a chunk-I never crawled!) She is ALWAYS hungry and will go through two containers of food a night. I try to make her food on occasion-today for lunch I made her broccoli, cauliflower and pineapple--she was not a fan, but I think it was a little too runny for her. She is still sweet as Sugar! She rolls and she smiles...that's our Aubrey! My guess is in the next month she will be crawling...I'm not ready to think about that though, this first year is flying by!




What's going on with Brady?




Unfortunately, our Boo Bear-Brady is sick today! He never gets sick like this, but he got sick through the night and this morning a few times and has a fever. Hopefully it's just a quick little stomach bug that he has and that Aubrey avoids it. It is interesting to see him get sick and then run over and play with his cars and trains! He's very resilient. :) I told him that he has to call me Nurse Mommy today and he laughed at me. :) Brady's birthday party is all booked for the end of June 24th at The Magic House and I know it will be a good time, since he LOVES that place. It has become almost a weekly family outing that we take B and A to The Magic House! Thank goodness for our family membership. :)


What's up with all of us?


We joined the JCC this week and are so excited about it. We took Brady and Aubrey swimming on our first night as members. I've already taken my first Yoga class and am headed to another one tonight! I love it! I was going to go to spinning this morning, but since B was sick-I've been playing nurse. :) Tomorrow is cardio ballet barre-I am very excited about this one!!! 


On Tuesday night, we dyed Easter eggs-which B loved! 
He still had a tendency to drop the eggs into the glass cups, next year we will use plastic! He enjoyed watching the eggs go from white to pink, red, orange, green, blue and yellow and was amazed. He kept talking about wanting to eat the eggs after they had been dyed, but we knew that he probably wouldn't like them-since he's a pretty picky kiddo.  I actually peeled one for him last night(red-was his choice) and he took one bite and looked at it like what is this?!?!? Aubrey even enjoyed smiling for some pictures and watching her big brother color the eggs. I think next year, when he is almost 4, we will do the white crayon on the egg trick. He really did have a fun time and it is always so fun watching him explore things that are new for him and to see him think through how things work. 


 What about the Mr. and Mrs.?

Chris gets his sutures out tomorrow and should get his results very soon from his biopsies, thank you for the prayers! We're just working on getting back to normal life after having a crazy couple of months!


I am so excited that Chris and I have a little getaway coming up to Chicago, at the end of this month. This is a mini-vacation that was originally scheduled prior to my getting sick and we were lucky that we were able to get a complete refund! We are still trying to think of what we are going to do while we are there. We are talking about going to see the Second City improv group and Jersey Boys, and I'm sure we will go to Shaw's for either brunch or dinner. As much as we LOVE our kiddos, it will be nice to have some time just the two of us for a long weekend away. 


A few notes before I wrap this up!


HOPPY EASTER!! God Bless you all and I hope the bunny treats you well! 


HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY TO BETH & MICHAEL, Chris's sister and brother-in-law, on April 9th! Love you guys!


BUZZ & MEGGIE-Almost down to 2 months! We are so excited to be a part of your special day!! Love you guys and we're looking forward to our double date tomorrow night!


Prayers and love are being sent to Laura Eads, a dear family friend with Stage 2B breast cancer as she prepares to begin treatments. 


Just a random side note, I am watching Bridesmaids for probably the hundredth time (it cracks me up every time!) and Melissa McCarthy cracks me up! I know this was totally random--just needed to say something! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment