Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Things You Do for Your Kids (aka Mommy Got Run Over By a Honda)

It's been over a week since I last posted and A LOT has happened. Looking back over the past few months I have been asking myself would I change some things? It would have been nice to not have gone through all of the surgeries and test stuff that my body has been through since the beginning of February, but it has definitely made me a stronger person...and perhaps given me more of a sense of humor--especially when it comes to other things happening to me, even if they seem a bit traumatic.

Before I begin writing about what happened last Wednesday afternoon, I would like to ask all of my fellow bloggers and parents out there--what would you do if you were in my situation?

Last Wednesday, Chris and I had discussed going to look at cars in the evening with Brady and Aubrey. We are just beginning to look and thought that we would just go to a showroom or two for fun. Aubrey and I picked Brady up from school and I knew when we got home that A had a dirty diaper and called Chris ahead of time to ask if he would run her in the house and change her, to which he agreed that he would. I pulled the Honda into the driveway, put it into park (or so I thought) and turned the key and left it in the ignition. I was headed to grab Brady's juice (he was still in his carseat in the back of the car) off of the back of the other car and the Honda began rolling backwards. I ran and half jumped into the car as it rolled down the driveway. As it continued to roll my leg got pulled out of the car and both legs got pulled under the car and run over, as the car ended up in our neighbor's side yard.

Chris was yelling at me the entire time, "Get away from the car!" as he was holding Aubrey, but all I could think about was that my son, my baby was in the backseat of the car and if anything would happen to him, I would not be able to live with myself.

Brady was great and he had no idea what happened to his Mommy. He kept asking me if he could kiss my boo-boos...but I told him he could give me a kiss on the cheek. Chris took me and the kids to MoBap to meet my Dad with the kids to pass them off to him, while Chris took me to the ER (yet again). On the ride to MoBap-I didn't know whether to cry or laugh--so much has happened in the last few months, that I almost found it comical that one more thing could have happened. The techs did x-rays and there were NO FRACTURES in either leg--thank God! They did end up keeping me on Wednesday and Thursday night for pain meds and physical therapy and I got to go home on Friday.  I have had BJC Home Healthcare (since I maxed out my deductible and out-of-pocket) coming out to the house, a nurse came out on Saturday and comes out tomorrow and I will have a physical therapist coming to my house in the next few days. I head to the orthopedist on Friday for a follow-up and to more than likely schedule an MRI to check for ligament damage. I know this is going to be a lengthy recovery process and it is frustrating, but I will get through it with God's and my family's help, support and love.

I have told Chris that I will forever tell Brady that his Mommy saved his life, even if the car ended up on the grass!

If you would like to see my pretty legs-check out the pics below!


Right Leg-yes, those are tire marks!
Left Leg



My lucky turtle-that my Mom thought that I need to carry around with me.








No comments:

Post a Comment