Friday, September 2, 2011

Mommy needs her mouth washed out with soap...

It slipped my mind earlier in the week that Brady would be home from school today (Friday) due to a teacher in-service day, and we didn't have many options for lunch. When I asked B what he would like for lunch he said "pips," his word for tortilla chips--this kid loves chips and salsa! At first I considered venturing out with Brady and Aubrey to Chevy's, but then after talking to Chris--he suggested going Taco Bell instead. Now, we are not big proponents of fast food and definitely are very much anti-fast food for kiddos. However, when you have a hungry toddler, a newborn, are the only one over two and don't have much food in the house you don't have a lot of options.  So onward we ventured to Taco Bell. After ordering our lunch and receiving the total amount I began to pull forward reaching around for my wallet. Where was it?
In the cupholder--NO!
In the console--NO!
In the side pocket on the driver's side--NO!
Back by the kiddos--NO!

"Dammit!" I said loudly, and in the backseat my sweet little darling boy said "Dammit!" I tried not to laugh because I could feel my temperature rising as I continued searching...and then I felt MY WALLET in my pocket. This situation is one of many instances in the last three weeks where I have had major memory lapses or what is commonly referred to as "mommy brain." They say it goes from "pregnancy brain", to "mommy brain" to "senior moments." I know it was bad when I had Brady, but this time I think it may be a little worse. Time to break out the St. John's Wort!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment