Thursday, September 8, 2011

Transitions

When I began this blog, I told myself that I wanted to be completely upfront and honest with its readers-because I feel that you all deserve this! The last few weeks since Aubrey's birth have been a great time of transitions at the Cone house.

TRANSITION 1--1+1+1+1=4

We have gone from it being just the two of us, until June of 2009, where Chris and I have been able to equally share Brady in playtime, bathing, etc., to learning an entirely new parenting game of trying to figure out how to have enough time to play with and entertain Brady, feed, bathe and care for Aubrey, make sure Brady isn't trying to pick her up and carry her around the house :) and still try to manage to have a little time for the original family members-one another. This is extremely tough and unfortunately with two little kiddos, the original family members, C & S, get put on the back burner. There seriously aren't enough hours in the day and when you are sleep depived--it doesn't help! If you have had a child, I'm sure you can relate and just remember to give one another space and take turns with feedings, when you are able to. Always remember to tell one another that you love them, also.  I LOVE YOU, CHRIS! :)

TRANSITION 2-BABY BLUESY

Having a baby does a lot to the mommy (and daddy, too!). Your body goes from having an overabundance of hormones to trying to rid itself of a lot of the hormones for weeks following childbirth, in addition to not getting nearly the sleep that you were once used to--don't worry this too shall pass!    This transition can make the mommy sad (and daddy, too, sometimes!)

I struggled with Baby Blues and then a little PPD following Brady's birth. I didn't realize when I was pregnant with Brady that I would become so incredibly attached to having this little guy growing inside me that I would be so sad after I gave birth and that I now had to share him with everyone else and didn't get him all for myself :). When Aubrey was born, I knew in my mind that I may be prone to BB/PPD (being an anxiety-prone individual, doesn't help!), but just wanted to take everything one day at a time. The weeks leading up to this point have been emotional and I have been teary, but I feel that things are beginning to even out a little bit. I now know that there are many different professional resources (and great mommy girl friends help out too!) out there for moms that need the extra help.

TRANSITION 3--Maternity to Sweats to Your Favorite Jeans

Ahhh! I am in the process of transitioning my closet and it is a pain! I have packed up all of my maternity clothes, which makes me sad since I don't know if and when I will break them out again. For the mommies who read my blog, you know how comfy these clothes are! I currently have (on the floor in my room, staring at me, "fold me"..."hang me up"...) clothes that I refer to as my post-partum clothes (a few sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy size) and then my pre-pregnancy clothes.

I have started walking in the park and at the mall, but am excited to start being able to work out in about two more weeks. Chris and I are excited to start the "Insanity" work-out plan together. I have a feeling that these work-outs are going to be our dates for a little while!  I am happy that some of my pre-pregnancy clothes are already starting to fit-three weeks later! :)

I have another few incentives, other than wanting to be healthy, for wanting this baby weight to go away quickly---turning 30 in January and Nathan and Meg's wedding in June! Alright, the clothes are starting to give me the evil eye...I guess they aren't going to fold and hang themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment